After months of wait, Galaxy Note 2 has finally arrived! Of course, U.S. variants will also be here soon in November but in the meanwhile, I got my hands on one of the international GT-N7100 models.
The latest Galaxy Note 2 in my personal opinion is the best smartphone on the market right now, topping it with 1.6Ghz Exynos Quad-core processor, a whopping 5.5-inch Full 720P HD screen, whole lot of goodies including S-Pen, NFC, S-Beam, and a ton more.
For previous original Galaxy Note owners like myself, the Galaxy Note 2 is just an awesome upgrade version with better processor, better/larger screen, and better S-Pen functionalities.
The Galaxy Note 2 comes packed with the latest Note 2 Gallery app, which gives you a ton of features like hover-replay (although I haven’t figured out how to do it yet), 3D scrolling, and even syncs flawlessly with Google Picasa albums (which I use for storing my photos online, it did take around 24 hours to sync all my terabytes of photos/videos though).
The larger Galaxy Note 2’s 5.5-inch screen is slightly narrower but taller than the original Galaxy Note 1. Even though the resolution is less at 1280×728 pixels for Note 2 instead of 1280×800 pixels on Note 1, you do get a bit more real estate in viewing websites due to its larger screen size.
And the screen itself? Resolution is overrated, the Note 2 clearly shows more clearer/vibrant colors over the original Note 1 as the new Note 2 possesses power of Super AMOLED screen over Note 1’s pentile display.
Overall, you can expect a super-fast smartphone that can do everything including phone calls, web browsing, HD games, and even take notes.
Some of highlights of the new Note 2:
- The speakers have also been upgraded to a larger speaker. It was loud last year on Note 1, it’s even LOUDER now.
- Quad-core Exynos 1.6Ghz is impressive, it’s the fastest smartphone CPU on the market.
- Camera/Camcorder is flawless – Note 2 takes great photos, and 1080P HD camcorder is probably the best on market right now.
- Battery life – Note 1 has really great battery life with 2500mAh battery, Note 2 has been upgraded to 3100mAh battery, getting full 2-days of normal usage on Note 2 is easy plus battery is removable for literally unlimited smartphone time.
- S-Pen – S-Pen sensitivity has been improved from 256 points to 1024 points, much more accurate than last year plus the 1.6Ghz quad-core processor brings flawless experience.
Still not convinced?
Well, you gotta try one in person, you will realize the Note 2 is the smartphone of the year. Easily beats everything else on the market that was intro-ed in 2012.
Have a question?Please post all your questions at the new Android Rehab Center at HighOnAndroid Forum, thank you for understanding!
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.