For this week’s High On Android ROM of the Week, check out Gummy ROM! It is available for many Android smartphones like Note 2, Note 3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, HTC One M7/M8, Nexus 4/5/7, LG G2, and some more.
Based on latest Android 4.4.4 sources, Gummy ROM is an AOSP ROM (What is AOSP?) that brings you the latest and great Android 4.4.4 along with plenty of customization/features. After using many different custom ROMs, Gummy ROM is one of my favorite custom ROMs as it’s very fast, stable, and comes with so many features you wouldn’t want to live without.
Inside the core of Gummy ROM Settings, you will find Gummy Interface, which allows you to customize and tweak everything from your status bar, notification drawer, quick settings, hardware keys, soft keys, PIE Controls, HeadsUp pop-up notifications, Power Menu, Lockscreen, and plenty more. (See video overview for demo.)
Out of the box, you will find one of the fastest UI out there. There’s plenty AOSP ROMs out there but Gummy ROM is definitely on my Top 5 list of the best AOSP custom ROMs. Although I really love CM11 ROM and have been enjoying on many of my phones for awhile, I find Gummy ROM is a lot more fun for tweaking your phone to the fullest with stuff like advanced Power Menu options, lockscreen notifications, etc…etc…
Overall, you will find a supercharged Android 4.4.4 experience. And yes, you can even install our HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion kit (get the one without Lockscreen) to get additional features like OnePlus One theme, and Screencast/Audio FX app. If you haven’t tried the latest Gummy ROM yet, definitely give it a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps (Use stock or micro, depending on your device)
NOTE: You need to use CWM Recovery to v22.214.171.124 or higher OR also TWRP Recovery to v126.96.36.199 or higher.
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install HighOnAndroid Conversion Kit (If you want OnePlus One camera, theme, AudioFX/Screencast apps), and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Join the HighOnAndroid VIP Fans List for free help from Max and discounts on Android accessories.